Job Opportunity: Experienced Company Secretary Professionals (Contractual Engagement)
POWERGRID, a Maharatna Enterprise under the Government of India, is a global leader in power transmission business. It operates an extensive inter-state transmission system, managing over 176,109 circuit kms of transmission lines and 275 sub-stations. With its far-reaching network, POWERGRID plays a crucial role in transmitting around 50% of the nation’s generated power. Beyond power transmission, POWERGRID also operates a vast telecom network spanning approximately 82,294 kms, serving various locations across India.
Leveraging its expertise in transmission, sub-transmission, distribution, and telecom sectors, POWERGRID extends consultancy services on a national and international scale. With a track record of consistent profitability, POWERGRID achieved a Gross turnover of Rs. 45,968.07 Crores and a Profit After Tax of Rs. 15,226.32 Crores in FY 2022-23.
Table of Contents
Position: Company Secretary Professional (Contractual)
POWERGRID seeks experienced Company Secretariat professionals for a fixed-term contract engagement. The engagement period is initially 2 years, with the possibility of extension for up to 3 additional years, subject to performance and requirements.
- Drafting agendas, minutes, official correspondence, etc.
- Conducting Board/Committees’ meetings, General Body Meetings.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements under Companies Act and related regulations.
Post ID: 253 Designation: Company Secretary Professional (On Contract)
- Unreserved (UR): 03
- Other Backward Classes (NCL): 01
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 01
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 01
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD): 01 (Horizontal Reservation)
Total Vacancies: 06
- Essential Qualification: Associate Member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)
- Essential Post Educational Qualification Experience: Minimum of 01 year of experience in company secretariat of any unlisted / listed company (internship / training will not be counted as experience).
Area of Experience:
- Expertise in secretarial matters including:
- Drafting agendas, minutes, official letters, etc.
- Conducting meetings of Boards/Committees, General Body Meetings
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements under the Companies Act and other relevant statutory regulations.
Upper Age Limit: You must be 29 years or below as of the last date of application.
Relaxations and Special Considerations
- Reservation and Special Considerations: POWERGRID adheres to the Reservation/Relaxation/Concession policies as outlined by the Government of India, ensuring fair opportunities for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/EWS/PwBD categories, among others.
- Upper Age Limit Relaxation:
a) Candidates falling under the OBC (NCL) category are granted an age relaxation of 3 years.
b) SC/ST candidates are eligible for an age relaxation of 5 years.
c) Age relaxation for PwBD Candidates is in accordance with the directives issued by the Government of India.
- Special Provisions for J&K Domicile/Ex-Servicemen/Victims of Riots: Candidates with Jammu and Kashmir domicile, Ex-Servicemen, and Victims of Riots are entitled to relaxation and concessions in line with the guidelines set forth by the Government of India.
- Age Relaxation for Ex-Servicemen:
Ex-Servicemen with a minimum of six-month continuous service are granted an age relaxation equal to the duration of their service period, along with an additional three years. This extension is subject to the condition that the resultant age, after subtracting the service duration from the actual age, does not exceed the prescribed age limit by more than three years.
- SC/ST Relaxation and Concession:
Candidates belonging to the SC/ST categories may be eligible for relaxation/concession, subject to the submission of a Caste certificate in the format prescribed by the Government of India. This certificate should be provided along with the application and during the interview, if selected.
- Reservation and Relaxation for OBC (NCL):
The reservation and relaxation provisions for OBC (NCL) candidates are contingent upon the submission of a valid OBC (NCL) certificate along with the NCL declaration. This documentation should adhere to the format prescribed by the Government of India for “Appointment to Posts under Govt. of India.” Submission is required during the application process and, if shortlisted, during the interview phase.
- EWS Reservation and Relaxation:
Reservation and relaxation for candidates falling under the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) category are subject to the submission of a current Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority. This certificate is to be submitted during the application and interview stages if called for.
- Relaxation/Concession for Persons with Disability (PwBD):
Candidates seeking relaxation/concession due to disability must submit a Disability Certificate issued by a Government Medical Board, adhering to the format prescribed by the Government of India. This documentation should be submitted during the application process and, if shortlisted, during the interview phase. The reservation status is as indicated in the notification.
- PwBD Eligibility Categories:
PwBD categories/sub-categories include B, LV (Blind, Low Vision), D, HH (Deaf & Hard of Hearing), LD (One Arm/Both Arm/One Leg/Both Leg/One Arm & One Leg/Cerebral Palsy/Leprosy Cured/Dwarfism/Acid Attack victims/Muscular Dystrophy), and MD involving combinations of the aforementioned.
- Eligibility Criteria for PwBD:
Individuals with a relevant permanent disability of not less than 40% are eligible for the relaxation/concession benefits intended for Persons with Disability (PwBD), as applicable.
- Exemption from Application Fees:
Candidates falling under the SC/ST/PwBD/Ex-Servicemen categories are exempted from the requirement of paying application fees.
The selection process will primarily consist of a comprehensive Interview, exclusively for eligible candidates who have been shortlisted. However, it’s important to note that the Management reserves the prerogative to potentially enhance the minimum eligibility criteria or even introduce a preliminary screening test, should the need arise. The intent behind this is to effectively manage the number of candidates progressing to the subsequent Personal Interview phase.
In the event that a screening test is implemented, it will be designed as a qualifying assessment. Those participating would be evaluated based on their performance, and successful candidates would be determined by the established cutoff scores. For unreserved (UR) and Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) categories, the qualifying threshold is set at 40%, whereas for reserved vacancies, the benchmark is 30%.
Candidates who successfully pass the screening test will subsequently be shortlisted for the Personal Interview phase. During this process, the selection will be exclusively based on the candidates’ performance and scores attained in the interview itself. The discretion of POWERGRID in terms of scrutinizing applications, shortlisting, and subsequent decisions will be considered definitive and binding.
Candidates who are shortlisted for the interview phase must meet the prescribed criteria during the interview to be considered suitable for potential engagement. In this context, the qualifying marks for the interview phase are as follows:
- Unreserved (UR) and Economically Weaker Sections (EWS): 40%
- OBC(NCL)/SC/ST/PwBD: 30%
Furthermore, candidates are granted the flexibility to opt for their preferred language for the Personal Interview, choosing either Hindi or English based on their comfort and proficiency.
Compensation and Benefits
- Monthly Compensation Package: Contractual engagement with POWERGRID offers a competitive monthly remuneration within the Pay band of Rs. 30,000-3%-1,20,000. This encompasses an initial basic pay of Rs. 30,000/-, augmented by additional benefits including IDA (Industrial Dearness Allowance), HRA (House Rent Allowance), and Perks totaling 35% of the basic pay.
- Mobile Communication Reimbursement: Contract personnel will be eligible for the reimbursement of official mobile call charges and rentals, following the guidelines established in the existing policy.
- Statutory Benefits Coverage: Contract personnel will be seamlessly covered under essential statutory provisions, including the EPF & EPS MP Act 1952, Payment of Gratuity 1972, and corresponding regulations stipulated by POWERGRID.
- Leave Entitlements: A comprehensive leave package is extended to contract personnel, comprising 12 days of Casual Leave, 10 days of Sick Leave, and 30 days of Earned Leave annually. Furthermore, provisions for EL (Earned Leave) encashment, Maternity Leave, Quarantine Leave, EOL (Extraordinary Leave), and Special Casual Leave are provided as per established rules. It’s important to note that no other leave or encashment, including SAL (Study Leave), OH (Optional Holidays), or Special Disability Leave, is admissible.
- Medical Benefits: During the first year of engagement, contract personnel are entitled to medical benefits for self. Starting from the second year, this coverage extends to both self and family members, encompassing spouse and two dependent children. For Out-Patient Department (OPD) cases, medical benefits are provided at a maximum of one month’s pay per year. In instances of In-Patient Department (IPD) treatments, medical insurance coverage is facilitated for the duration of the engagement.
- Personal Accident Insurance: Contract personnel are covered under POWERGRID’s Group Personal Accident Insurance scheme, offering an additional layer of protection.
- PF Deductions and Remittance: Eligibility for PF (Provident Fund) deductions stands at 12% of Basic Pay and DA (Dearness Allowance) per month, along with applicable administrative charges, if any.
- Limited Benefits Scope: It’s important to clarify that contract personnel are not eligible for any additional allowances, benefits, Performance-Related Pay (PRP), or incentives beyond the comprehensive provisions mentioned above.
How to Apply
To be a part of this exciting opportunity, follow the application process outlined below:
- Application Window:
The application window is open from 21st August 2023 to 12th September 2023. Eligible and interested candidates are encouraged to visit the official website at www.powergrid.in. Navigate to the Career Section and find the Job Opportunities section to begin the online application process.
- Required Documents:
During the application process, candidates will need to upload the following documents:
a. A recent passport-sized color photograph in .jpg format (file size not exceeding 50 KB).
b. Scanned copy of signature in .jpg format (file size not exceeding 30 KB).
c. Birth certificate or Class X certificate.
d. Essential qualification certificate along with Marksheets.
e. Experience Certificate or proof of experience (such as pay slip, job assignment, joining and separation orders) validating a minimum of 1 year of post-qualification experience.
f. Caste certificate (if applicable).
g. Income & Asset Certificate (if applicable).
h. Disability certificate (if applicable).
i. Discharge certificate (if applicable).
j. Any other relevant certificates. Candidates must ensure that these documents are accurate and legible.
- Accurate Information:
It’s crucial to enter all necessary details correctly, including your name, date of birth, address, qualifications, and experience. Declaration of your name and date of birth must align with your official birth certificate or matric certificate. Additionally, you must accurately indicate your category and be prepared to present relevant certificates in the prescribed format if requested by POWERGRID.
- Qualification Details:
Ensure that you provide accurate details about your qualifications, including the date of acquiring each qualification as stated in your certificates.
- Application Printout:
After completing the application, make sure to generate a printout and keep it safe for future reference.
- Photo ID for Interview:
Candidates shortlisted for the interview phase must bring a valid photo ID. Only the original identification document will be accepted; photocopies will not be considered valid. It’s imperative to present the original and valid photo identification during the interview.
- Email Communication:
Ensure careful input of your email address. All important communications will be conducted through email, so provide accurate and active email details.
- Unique Registration Number:
Upon successful submission of the application, the system will generate a “Resume” along with a unique registration number. Keep this printout safe for future reference. Your primary email ID will also serve as your login ID, and the generated registration number will be your password for accessing the POWERGRID Online Application System.
- Application Fee Payment:
Candidates who are not exempted from the application fee (only SC/ST/PwBD/ExSM candidates are exempt) must log in to their candidate login section. Then, they need to deposit the non-refundable application fee of Rs. 400/- through the online mode. Once the application fees are submitted, your application process will be considered complete.
- No Hard Copy Submission:
Please note that there is no requirement to send a hard copy of the application to any address via post.
- Completeness of Application:
Ensure that your application is complete, as incomplete applications or those without the required application fees (if applicable) will be rejected.
- Application Fee Details:
For detailed instructions regarding the payment of the application fee, please refer to the following link: Online Payment Application Fees. It’s recommended to carefully read through the instructions and ensure timely payment of the fees.
Join us in this exciting journey by following these steps and embracing the chance to contribute to POWERGRID’s endeavors.
Notification Download :- Click Here
Apply Now :- Click Here
Official Website :- Click Here
Our Website :- Click Here
Important Dates – Don’t Miss Out on Your Opportunity!
Mark these dates on your calendar to ensure you don’t miss out on your chance to be a part of POWERGRID’s exciting journey:
- Commencement of Online Application Submission and Fee Payment to POWERGRID:
Starting on the 21st of August 2023, you can submit your application online and make the necessary fee payment. The application window opens at 5:00 PM.
- Last Date for Online Application Submission and Fee Payment to POWERGRID:
Make sure to complete your online application and fee payment by the 12th of September 2023. The application window will close at 11:59 PM on this date.
- Cutoff Date for Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria cutoff date is the 12th of September 2023. Ensure that you meet all the required qualifications and eligibility criteria by this date.
POWERGRID RECRUITMENT 2023 FAQs
What is the salary of POWERGRID recruiter 2023?
he salary of a POWERGRID recruiter in 2023 depends on their experience and qualifications. According to the PowerGrid Recruitment 2023 notification, the starting salary for a recruiter with an ITI degree is Rs. 13,500 per month, and for a recruiter with a diploma degree is Rs. 15,000 per month. For recruiters with a graduate degree, the starting salary is Rs. 17,500 per month.
Is POWERGRID a Government job?
Yes, POWERGRID is a government job. It is a Maharatna company under the Ministry of Power, Government of India. A Maharatna company is a state-owned enterprise that has been accorded the highest level of operational and financial autonomy by the government.
What is the age limit for PGCIL through gate 2023?
The age limit for PGCIL through GATE 2023 is 28 years as on December 31, 2022. There is a relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates and PwD candidates.
The following are the eligibility criteria for PGCIL through GATE 2023:
Age limit of 28 years (31 years for OBC, 33 years for SC/ST and 38 years for PwD) as on December 31, 2022
B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc. (Engg.) degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CGPA
GATE 2023 qualified with the minimum qualifying marks to be declared by GATE 2023 organizing body
The application process for PGCIL through GATE 2023 will start in September 2022. The detailed notification will be released on the official website of PGCIL.