ENGAGEMENT OF APPRENTICES UNDER THE APPRENTICES ACT, 1961
ADVERTISEMENT NO: CRPD/APPR/2023-24/17
We are inviting applications from Indian citizens for apprenticeship positions under the Apprentice Act 1961, subject to amendments made from time to time. Please take note of the following important details:
- Candidates can apply for apprenticeship in one state only. Each candidate is allowed to appear for the examination once during this engagement project.
- Registration is considered complete only when the fee is deposited online with the bank on or before the specified last date.
- Before applying, please ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for engagement on the eligibility date.
- Please do not send hard copies of your application or any other documents to our office.
- To apply, candidates should use the online application portal provided on the following websites:
- Any revisions or corrigendum related to this recruitment will be posted exclusively on the Bank’s website.
Table of Contents
We have outlined apprenticeship seats, local languages, district-wise training seats, age limits, educational qualifications, training duration, stipend, selection process, examination centers, fees, and other relevant information for each state and union territory (UT).
Before you take your first steps towards an apprenticeship, it’s crucial to understand the eligibility criteria:
- Age: Candidates must be between 20 and 28 years old as of August 1, 2023. This means that candidates should have been born between August 2, 1995, and August 1, 2003. Please note that there are age relaxations for SC/ST/OBC/PwBD candidates, as per Government of India guidelines.
- Citizenship: Applicants should be Indian citizens.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institute is a mandatory requirement.
A. RESERVATION FOR PERSONS WITH BENCHMARK DISABILITY (PwBD): Reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disability is provided within the overall vacancies. We follow section 34 of “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016” and consider various categories of benchmark disabilities.
B. DURATION OF TRAINING: The apprenticeship training lasts for one year.
C. STIPEND/ BENEFITS: Apprentices will receive a stipend of Rs. 15,000 per month for the duration of the engagement. No additional allowances or benefits are provided.
D. WEIGHTAGE/RELAXATION IN RECRUITMENT OF JUNIOR ASSOCIATES: There are provisions for weightage and relaxation in the recruitment of Junior Associates based on successful completion of the apprenticeship training.
The selection process includes an online written test and a test of the local language. The online written test comprises four sections: General/Financial Awareness, General English, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude.
We have provided the structure of the online written test, including the number of questions, maximum marks, duration, and medium of the test.
FEES/INTIMATION CHARGES: (Non-Refundable):
- General/OBC/EWS: Rs. 300/-
- SC/ST/PwBD: NIL
Fees and intimation charges once paid are non-refundable and cannot be reserved for any other examination or selection.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates must apply online through the designated website. Please review the guidelines for filling the application and making the fee payment in online mode. Ensure that you have a valid email ID and mobile number for communication purposes.
GUIDELINES FOR SCANNING THE PHOTOGRAPH & SIGNATURE: Before applying online, candidates should have scanned (digital) images of their photograph and signature in accordance with the specifications provided in Annexure-I. Online applications will not be accepted without these uploaded images.
For any assistance, please refer to the helpdesk or contact us at the provided telephone number during working hours. When contacting us via email, please mention “Engagement of Apprentice in SBI” in the subject line.
Notification Download :- Click Here
Apply Now :- Click Here
Official Website :- Click Here
Our Website :- Click Here
SBI APPRENTICE RECRUITMENT 2023 FAQs:
Can I apply for apprenticeships in multiple states?
No, candidates can only apply for engagement in one state.
Are apprentices eligible for any other allowances or benefits?
No, apprentices are solely eligible for the monthly stipend and do not receive any additional allowances or benefits.
How is the selection process conducted?
The selection process includes an online written test and an evaluation of the candidate’s proficiency in the local language.
Is there an age limit for candidates?
Yes, candidates must be between 20 and 28 years old as of August 1, 2023.